When you arrive at Golden View sign in at the reception desk. If for any reason we are unable to be there we will ensure that they are expecting you and have keys for the apartment.
The best way to get to Golden View is by taxi or to hire a car at the airport.
Taxis are available at the airport and there are fixed charges for the journey to Holetown. The approximate cost of this trip should be $58.00 BDS ($29.50 USD). It is useful to confirm the fare before you leave the airport. The journey should take 30 – 45 minutes depending on traffic.
If you are hiring a car you can collect it at the airport. The main car hire operators have offices at the airport and other companies send reps to meet you. You will find the offices to the left of the exit from the arrivals hall.
To drive in Barbados you will need to obtain a visitors permit. The Car Hire companies will provide these. Visitors will need to produce a valid driving licence to obtain a permit. These are valid for two months from the date of issue and cost $10.00 BDS.
In Barbados we drive on the left hand side of the road (the same as in the UK). If you are accustomed to driving on the right hand side please take extra care when you first start driving. All hire cars in Barbados have a registration starting with H. Local drivers make some allowances for visitors and will often point you in the right direction if you look lost.
DIRECTIONS TO GOLDEN VIEW
There are several different routes to get from the airport to Golden View.
The route summarised below is the most straight forward, it may not be the quickest.
- On leaving Grantly Adams Airport take the second exit on the roundabout signposted ABC Highway.
- Follow the highway until you reach the first roundabout (the Henry Forde Roundabout).
- Take the second exit signposted West Cost and continue on the highway.
- At next roundabout take the second exit sign posted West Coast. There is a large Rubis sign on the round about and a Rubis service station to your left.
- At next roundabout take the second exit signposted ABC Highway and Bridgetown.
- At next roundabout keep straight – second exit. This roundabout has a Sagicor sign.
- Stay in the inside lane till you reach the give way sign and you enter a gyratory system stay in the left lane and follow road around to the right (do not go straight on) the road bears to your right shortly after the Rubis gas station.
- Stay in the left lane and turn left – the sign says ABC Highway, the Pine and Hagget Hall.
- Keep in the left lane up a hill till you reach a give way sign and then continue on the highway.
- Follow the highway down a hill until you reach the Emancipation Roundabout. This roundabout has a statue of a slave with broken shackles.
- Take the second exit signposted ABC Highway and Warrens and continue on the highway.
- At the next roundabout (the Norman Niles’roundabout) take the second exit and continue on the highway.
- Take the second exit at the Clyde Walcott roundabout signposted ABC Highway and Warrens
- At the next roundabout take the second exit signposted UWI Cave Hill and Warrens
- As you exit this roundabout get into the outside lane as you will be turning right.
- At the next roundabout take the third exit and keep in the middle lane. The sign says Ronald Map Highway and Redman’s Village. As you approach this roundabout there is a large sign for Chefette on the left and a Sol gas station. Continue up a slight hill past Simpson Motors (car show rooms) on the right.
- At the next roundabout take the second exit and move into the right hand lane.
- Keep straight on at the traffic lights
- Shortly after the lights you will approach a mini roundabout, take the first exit
- To your left you will soon see the Sandy Lane golf courses and a large Sandy Lane sign. The road sign says sign Sandy Lane and Bennets. Turn left at the junction.
- Follow road through the golf course area under a small pedestrian bridge, the golf Country Club House is to your right
- Take the next turning on your right onto Molyneux Road immediately after a sign that say Hotel and Old Nine
- Follow the road around a number of sharp bends and signs for golfers crossing
- Take a sharp bend to your left onto Cemetery Road . On your right is a stone wall to the Cemetery. Immediately after the Cemetery you will see a large sign for Golden View and the Good Choice Chinese Restaurant.
- Turn right into the development. There is a large car park in front of the building. The reception is immediately in front of you.